Friday, February 12, 2010

The sun is out

Hi there,
Just a quick update. Many of you have sent emails asking about our dog Molly. So far so good. She is back on her old meds and though she still prefers her bed in the morning, once she is up and moving she does seem to be a little better. She is eating again.We keep referring to her as an older dog but according to a web site I found (Dog years to people years)she is only 73 in people years. Her main problem seems to be arthritis in her back legs. Her running days are over I'm afraid. Our main objective now is to keep her comfortable. When we where at the vet a few days ago, I was waiting in the parking lot when a lady came out carrying a small bundle wrapped in a blanket. Through her tears she said "We had to put him down". Not really knowing what to do I said I was sorry and she thanked me. A pet owners reality.

We still plan on heading for Big Bend National Park next Wednesday. The weather there seems a little warmer than here. Locals I've spoken to say this is the coldest, wettest winter they can remember. One lady even apologized, feeling all the snowbirds in the area are being robbed of the good weather they came so far to get. I agreed with her somewhat but let her know things here are still more pleasant than the temps and snow the north east are getting. Today the sun is shinning and the rain has stopped. We may even get out and do something!

As usual, I don't know what the internet availability will be once we move so I'll update when I can.

Hope your winter is going well.

Pat, Carolyn and Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment